Labels

Friday, March 11, 2011

A trip to the library

Today we went to the library.  I'll never do it again.  Well, maybe, but with two leashes. 

Our mission:  to look for some special books and videos for next week while Handsome Hero is out of town.

My idea of a trip to the library:  Ella, sitting quietly, perusing through books.  Jack, happy and content to be in my arms while I peruse.

Reality:  Jack hates being up with so much to touch.  He loves to play with the books and then put them back in odd places.  I'm caught between ignoring it and fixing it later; removing him from the situation, which brings howls of protest; and disciplining when he touches what I've told him not to.  I settled for a frazzled mixture.  Ella, on the other hand, stands right by the kids on the "kid" computers, asking to sit next to them or play with them.  Then she finds unsuspecting adults and asks them what kind of cereal they have at their houses. 

This always happens, and I am always surprised.  I'm exhausted.  We'll go back when they're ten and thirteen, or when H.H. can come with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment