Labels

Friday, March 4, 2011

Ella's analytical side

Ella is a complete blend of Handsome Hero and me.  She is tall with beautiful features.  I love them.  She totally takes after Hero's side of the family (which is fine by me).  She has my personality- very bubbly, extremely enthusiastic, and hard to contain when she's excited.  Her thought process, however, is Hero's.  He's an engineer.  'Nuff said.

Today we got a chance to go see our new friend, Joslyn.  I love this girl!  It might have something to do with her being a fellow music teacher, or loving design as much as I do, or that she's just very down-to-earth.  She's great and her house is adorable.  I wish I had gotten pictures. 

We had a lovely time and a delicious brunch.  Jack napped well (yeah) and Ella was perfection.  Her behavior was exactly what I would want and I was so proud of her.

While we were there, there were three events that made me see Ella's increasingly analytical brain.
1.  She wanted to see the basement, because she thought the kitty, Midge, was there.  Joslyn told her we could go down and look for her, but that it was very cold, so we might not want to.  In five minutes, Ella was back, fully bundled.  She looked seriously at Joslyn and said, "I am wearing very warm clothes so that I can go into the basement which is a cold area."

2.  She was STILL looking for the kitty, and found the litter boxes.  She asked what they were (we don't have cats) and when it was explained that it was the cat's bathroom, she thought a bit and said, "What do kitties do with their tales when they go potty?"

3.  A family friend of theirs stopped by, and Ella looked at him and said, "Do you live in a house with a girl named Bonnie Bedelia?" (okay that's not analytical, but it's funny)

In short, I feel I am greatly responsible for Ella's personality (in all it's good and bad traits), but the things she thinks to say never cease to amaze me.  I love her so very much, and am so thankful God gave her to me.  I will never let her go, except to a great babysitter every once in awhile, but that's it. 

p.s.  I just put said girl to bed, and she ended the evening with a hug and said, "I love you, Mama, because you don't have any fur.  You can be my daughter."

No comments:

Post a Comment