Labels

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Eight Years

Eight years ago today, Handsome Hero and I walked down the aisle.  We became Mr. and Mrs.  We became one.  It was awesome.  It still is.  Being married to my best friend is a wonderful blessing.

Now that I have acheived the pinnacle and know all there is to know about marriage, I will share some of the quirks I have learned about my husband that helped to get us to this state of wedded bliss.

  • When he is working around the house, he loves to have company, even though he doesn't act like it.  Just don't ask how he's doing.  He doesn't like that.
  • He will most likely decide it is time to check the oil just at the time we are late for something, but he does it so that I don't have to check it later.
  • When he says he will be home by a certain time, he most likely won't, but probably because he's stopping off at the store so I don't have go in the morning with two kids.
  • When I want to buy or do something, there is no need to be manipulative.  He is more than willing to make my desires a reality.
  • When he questions why I did something, he really wants to know.  It isn't a subtle way of telling me I'm stupid.
  • If we are working on a home project, the words guaranteed to stall the process are "it's fine."  Fine does not cut it.  Fine is not good enough.  We must strive for perfection.
  • Everything in life is meant to be researched.  All aspects of our lives are made better by a little delving.  Where should we go to dinner?  Let's look up reviews of restaurants.  What kind of running shoes should I get?  Let's research any studies done on that. 

Most of the things above drove me bonkers when we were first married, until I realized that his checking the oil and going to the store for me are acts of service that he does because of his love for me.  When he researches and researches and researches and takes twice as long to do a project as the research suggests, it is because he is making sure that his job is done right.  And it always is.  There is always a beautiful result when Handsome Hero is on the job. 



Happy Anniversary to my beloved.  You really are my hero.  You balance me.  The Lord clearly knew what He was doing when He put us together.  It has been an honor to watch your growth as a man, a husband, a father, and a follower of Christ.  Thank you for eight wonderful years, and I look forward to many, many more.  But can we take more pictures of the two of us in the future?  This is all I could come up with.   This is most of the pictures we are in together for our whole marriage. 









2 comments:

  1. i already said happy anniversary on fb. but a blog comment is also just as fun. :) happy anniversary!!!! i loved seeing all the pictures. love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Love to you and Bill! Hope this is a super special day for you guys! Sigh...you are very missed.

    ReplyDelete