Labels

Friday, October 14, 2011

Scenes with Ella

Scene 1:  Morning.  I have just brought the garbage can up from the curb.

Ella:  You are such a clever mama!  I think to myself all the time, "I have a clever mama."  When you brought the garbage can up, you were a clever mama because you put the recycling bins on top of it so you didn't have to make more than one trip.  That was CLEVER!!!!!!!  You are just so clever.  I think that you should say to yourself that you are a clever mama.  Don't you think so?  Do you think she is a clever mama, Jack?  I do.  Jack does, too. 



Scene 2:  Still morning.  We are in the car on the way to the gym.

Ella:  I have a song for you.  Would you like me to sing it?
Me:  Yes, absolutely!
Ella:  Nobody's gonna kill me! 
Nobody's gonna kill me!
Nobody's gonna kill me!
Nobody's gonna kill me!
Nobody's gonna kill me!
Nobody's gonna kill me!
Nobody's gonna kill me!
Nobody's gonna kill me!
Nobody's gonna kill me!
Nobody's gonna kill me!

{sung it over and over for five minutes}

Me {slightly concerned but not wanting to alarm her}:  What does it mean to be killed, Ella?
Ella:  To die, like Jesus did.  Or to have a peg leg. 



Scene 3:  That night, during a heavy thunderstorm.  Ella has awakened and is very upset.

Me:  Are you all right, Ella?
Ella {said in a very dramatic way}:  I'm afraid of the claps of thunder and flashes of lightning!
Me:  What do we do when we're afraid?
Ella:  We pray, Mama.
Me:  Okay.  Let's pray that God would take your fear away.
Ella:  Why can't we just pray that He'll take the thunder and lightning away?

No comments:

Post a Comment