Labels

Friday, January 20, 2012

You might be pregnant if...

You are buying produce at the grocery store and sign your name "Beth Lettuce."

That was last week.  The following all happened on Wednesday of this week.

I had just gotten Jack dressed, and was wondering what was weird about his outfit, when it suddenly dawned on me that I had just put his socks on his hands

A few minutes later we were heading out the door, and I couldn't find his mittens anywhere!  With single digit highs, he had to have mittens and I thought, "Well, it worked before," and got another pair of socks for his hands which he wore proudly for the rest of the day's errands.  I found his mittens right where I had left them as soon as we walked back in the door {sigh}.

Ella has been very helpful this week.  She even cleaned her room without being asked!  When I praised her for it, she said, "Mama, I want to clean the whole house for you!"  I wasn't about to turn that down.  Later, she was helping to load the dishwasher, and said proudly, "Mama, what do you do with such a good girl as me?"  Lots of hugs and kisses, little one.

I needed maternity pants.  Mine from my previous pregnancies are all too big, for which I'm thankful, but I don't want to buy more when this is our last pregnancy {unless the Lord has different plans, of course}.  My dear friend, Amanda, loaned me her stash and I was modeling my first pair in front of the mirror.  They were jeans that had decorative pockets.  Ella walked in and said, "Mama, I really like the pictures on your bottom!  It's like you're wearing pretty panties with legs on them!"  I wasn't sure if I should sachet out of there, or change my clothes in a hurry.

2 comments: