Labels

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Opposites attract

On Saturday, Handsome Hero ran a half-marathon.  I forgot my camera.  I tried to convince him to do it again so I could take a picture, but he wasn't having it.  So here's a picture of him running a different race.  Since you weren't at either, you can imagine this is the right race. 

You'll just have to add snow. 

And rain. 

And wind. 

And take away about 40 degrees. 

Other than that, it was exactly the same.


I was very proud of him.  He has a goal and he accomplishes it.  End of story.  Period.  When I have a goal, I write it on pretty paper, and put it on my nightstand.  Then when we have company and I'm blitz cleaning, I stick it in a drawer, and when I'm searching for chapstick and find it two months later, I say, "What is this?" and throw it away.
 

Handsome Hero's favorite question is, "Where do you see us in five years?"  I never know how to answer this.  I usually counter with something brilliant like, "Where do you see us in five years?"  Then he gives me this exasperated look, and I give him a dazzling smile and say, "What?"

Though not goal oriented, I am a list maker.  I have lists all over the house {that also end up in drawers to be found months later}.  My lists usually look like this.

1.  Get up.
2.  Go to the bathroom.
3.  Make the bed.
4.  Get dressed.
...and so on.

There is nothing as satisfying as being able to cross something off your list.

I am thankful to be married to a goal-oriented person, and Handsome Hero is thankful to be married to a list maker.  He is the reason we're saving for retirement.  I am the reason we don't run out of trash bags.  He is the reason we are able to do major projects on the house.  I am the reason the kids are clean {if it's on my list}.   He's the reason we get tickets for Christmas in May.  I'm the reason ...well, I'm sure I do something else. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny and so true! Hahaha! You may be the most opposite couple I have ever known. Me and my man a close second. Congrats to your hubby for finishing his race! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete