Labels

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chalkboard paint labels

I have this can of chalkboard paint.  Everyone loves chalkboard paint, right?  Anyway, this can was sitting in my basement, and all I had done with it was paint the door of the pantry. 


I love this, and I was itching to do something else with the paint.  Then I spied a project and my fingers started tingling {what?  Yours don't do that when you get an idea?  Hmm}.  I had bought these clear canisters from Ikea {sniff, because we don't have one here} and they were just waiting for some embellishment of some kind.


So I painted chalkboard labels on them.  Let me give you my two cents on this.

Firstly, if I could do it again, I would use a shape other than a rectangle.  An oval, perhaps?  The rectangle reminds me of the censor marks they use on TV when there is a wardrobe malfunction.  

Secondly, why do you need a label on a clear canister?  Clearly {pun intended}, I didn't think this one through. 


Still, I like it because it balances better than it did before.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a "before" shot, so you'll just have to take my word for it.  And, clearly {again, pun intended}, my little gray cells are sometimes pinched.  Maybe it has something to do with the tingly hands....



No comments:

Post a Comment