Labels

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Okay, so Friday Handsome Hero threw me a complete curve ball by saying, "Where would you like to go on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day?"  Holy Birthday Cake, Batman!  I thought it was next week!  I had my cards, but I hadn't sent them yet because next week was Mother's Day.  But if this Sunday is Mother's Day, then this Tuesday is my mom's birthday, not next Tuesday.  I'm in double trouble.

I feel slightly assuaged {still using my vocab word} because I am a mom, and therefore, since I forgot the date, it must mean that I am not narcissistic.  Also, since I thought my mom's birthday was next Tuesday, it means I forgot about my birthday, which actually is next Tuesday, and that makes me selfless.  Am I making sense?  What I'm saying is, I'm awesome.

But back to my mom, who really is selfless and awesome.  She was just here for a visit, and I didn't want it to end.  She is such good company!  There is always lots of laughter and uplifting conversation when my mom comes to town.  Since she won't get her card in time, here are a few things I would like to share about my mother.


1.  My mom and Handsome Hero love each other.  She was his champion when I wanted to break up with him way back in the day.  She knew he was THE ONE before I did.  When she comes to visit, Handsome Hero takes off of work so that he can be with her, too.  How many sons-in-law love their mother-in-law that much?  It warms my heart just thinking about it.


2.  My mom loves me enough to tell me {in loving terms} when I blow it.  I was complaining to her that I don't get enough time alone with Handsome Hero.   Then he asked me to go with him to the gym, but I had just taken a shower {whine},and he had waited until right after I got out of the shower {whine} to ask me instead of asking me beforehand {whine} even though he hadn't thought about it beforehand {whine}.  I know, I know.  Would the contentious woman please stand up?  My mom very gently showed me my attitude, and we ended up with a lovely gym-date.

Take a look at those healthy buns! {on Jack}

3.  My mom is an organizational genius.  I have been very frustrated with my kitchen organization system.  I just can't seem to make it work for me.  She made a few minor changes that made a lot of sense and it seems to have better flow now.


4.  My mom is not set in her ways.  She delights in learning new things.  She finds joy in life, and treats new experiences like adventures.

From last year.  What a difference in Jack!

5.  My mom loves the Lord with all her heart and seeks Him earnestly.  She commits Scripture to memory and has a heart open to His leading.  She is wise because she seeks His wisdom.


I love you, Mom.  Thank you for the example you set for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment