Labels

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ella's first person accounts

Recently, Ella has taken to talking in the first person. 


Of course, you say!  Don't we all speak in the first person? 

Allow me to elaborate.  I'll put the quotes in both italics and quotations.

As she's walking: "I walked down the hall to the stairs."

As I walk into the room: "I'm a soldier.  What are you doing here?, I shouted!"

You see, she is narrating her own life.

This morning, she said to my mom, "How are you, G.G.?, I shouted."

When greeting us, she'll say, "I'm so glad to see you, I said."


And it goes on.

When I was younger, I would narrate my own life.  I didn't realize this was genetic.  However, when I did it, I used the third person.  And it was in my mind.  I would take a walk, and would think things like:

As she walked down the road, pondering intently the things that had occurred earlier that day, she was not aware of the eyes upon her, gazing at her from the upstairs window of the creepy house next door.

Then I would think to myself that my heroin - in this case, me - would probably be one of those people who could sense things like that, and I would replay the part.

As she walked down the road, pondering intently the things that had occurred earlier that day, she became aware of eyes upon her, gazing at her from the upstairs window of the creepy house next door.


I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment