Labels

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Poem for Moms of Sick Kiddos

You know, when you have sick kiddos, you want to be sweet and patient and cuddly.  And the first day or three, I am.  I'm a saint.  I'm Dream Mom.

Then, when they first start to feel better, they get all crabby.  Then I get all crabby. 

Dream Mom turns into Snarky, Just-get-over-it Mom.

That's where I am now. We've had sickness in this house for ELEVEN DAYS with no end in sight.  I'm still sick, myself, so my patience level is plummeting with each day.  Seriously, I'm kicking my patience around on the floor like a ball and it's just lying there limply.

This is the time when writing poetry helps to soothe my frazzled nerves.  Why?  Because you can't take yourself too seriously when you write poetry as bad as this!

Ode to the Sickos

When you first get sicky,
And your nose is really icky,
I'll hold you close,
And clean your nose,
And feed you, though you're picky.

I'll be so very calma,
And I'll put you in pajamas
We'll sit and read;
Your back I'll knead.
I'll be the model mama.

But when you're not as puny,
And you start give 'tude to me,
Don't mess with me,
my dear sweet pea,
I've no patience for 'tude, see??

There's no need to be catty.
I'm not your new doormatty.
I'll care for you-
{You still feel blue}
But don't but such a ... gnatty.

Oh, that took willpower.  Lots and lots of willpower.

Ah, now I feel better.  I think I hear some sniffles that need my attention.  Please excuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment