Labels

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanks

I think I will take next week off and enjoy the family and our friends who are coming to spend Thanksgiving with us.  I will leave you with a few things for which I'm very thankful.  I'm limiting myself to five serious and five non-serious things, because when you start down this road of thanks, you could think of things for days.  While that's a great exercise, I don't think you would care to read all of mine.

The serious things:
1.  I am thankful for my Lord and Saviour, who saw fit to save me from my sins.  Hallelujah!

2.  I am thankful for my Handsome Hero, who loves me unconditionally, even when I'm losing my breakfast, lunch, and dinner right in front of him.  I have become accutely more aware of his love during this pregnancy, where he has had to take over the role of Dad and Mom often. 

3.  I'm thankful for my children, who humble me and bring me such joy.  I have laughed more {and cried more} since having kids than I thought possible.  I am excited to meet this new little girl or boy addition to our clan.

4.  I'm thankful for my parents and siblings, whom I love and miss very much.

5.  I'm thankful for my friends, the local ones who have stepped up en mass in our time of need, and the not-so-local ones who love us so dearly.

The, well, less than serious things:
1.  I'm thankful for Cheez-its and Triscuits, which have made me so happy thus far this pregnancy, and for Veggie Tales, which have entertained my kids more than I would like recently.

2.  I'm thankful that eggnog is back in the stores, and that it is pasteurized so that I can drink it.

3.  I am thankful that I have socks to keep my toes toasty, and I think I'll go put them on right now.

4.  I'm thankful to have a vacuum to clean our dirty floors.  Because knowing that we have one is almost like using it.  Right?  Right?

5.  I'm thankful for toothpaste.  Aren't you thankful for toothpaste?  Where would we be without toothpaste?  Staying pretty far away from eachother, that's where.  Bad breath and yucky teeth.  Yup, I'm thankful for toothpaste. 

There you have it.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  I have to go brush my teeth.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Beth...you crack me up!!! I so miss these funny comments coming from you IN PERSON on a weekly basis! You are missed here! THANK YOU for keeping the post a comin'. It really gives me a feel for whats happening in the Lewis household :)
    You look so cute as a pregnant woman AGAIN!! Congratulations!!!

    Life is moving along here.....ummmmm....I have 6 months til my senior GRADUATES!! Can it be real???? Brandon is carrying MORE than a senior should carry classes wise, tutors 3 high schoolers in Math on the side, and is playing basketball!! Holy Cow! Keelo started a new job with Sonitol (security for business and homes) 2 weeks ago and is LOVING it!! He's in sales.....:) Connor is rockin' in 6th grade and we are repeating EVERYTHING we say to him....as we pursue with him thru puberty...oh the joys of it all :)
    I'm being placed where the Lord leads....mostly serving others and loving every minute of it :)
    I'll be looking forward to reading more blogs...I really should start my own!! How does that happen??? :) Love you all!!! xoxoxo
    Ke

    ReplyDelete