Labels

Thursday, September 22, 2011

While I was gone

I was very blessed to travel to Seattle last week to surprise my dear friend, Lydia, for her thirtieth birthday.  I'll share more about that when I get the pictures.  Since I left my camera with Handsome Hero to take pictures of his adventures with the Wonderkids, I am depending on my dear friends to share their photos with me.  Consider this a big hint, dear, generous friends, to please send some pics to me. 

While I was gone, Handsome Hero and the Wonderkids played it up.  Here are a few of the events that warranted pictures.

They baked banana bread, and Ella had to look the part of a chef.

I know this is a hat, but...

How do you wear it?

Seriously, Ella?  You wear it like I'm wearing my hoodie.  Every respectable chef knows that.

 Like this?

 OH, yes!  Aren't I pretty?

Abandoning the chef look, Ella showed off the loaf.

 Isn't it lovely?

Ella's assistant helped out with presentation.

Did you know that bears love bananas?  They do.

The finished loaf must have been fantastic, because it was gone before they took a picture of it!

While I was gone, they also began training for a new olympic event - drinking in tandem.  Apparently it's dangerous - Ella required a helmet.  Jack's head is hard enough.



It isn't just any sibling set who can do this.

Jack tried to fill some pretty big shoes and help Daddy be the man of the house.

 Wait!  Do I want to go forward or backward?

I'm very thankful that I got to go out and reconnect with so many wonderful friends and see familiar sights that I love and miss {oh, outlets, how I covet your stores!  Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, J. Crew... (sigh)}.  I missed my dear ones at home, though, and was so glad to become a whole family once again. 

In case you missed it, go back through the pictures and notice the broom, the clean dishes on a kitchen towel, and other evidences of how amazingly well my Handsome Hero kept the house so that when I came home, all I had to do was sigh with contentment.  A job well done, my hero!

Just to reiterate, my friends, SEND ME YOUR PICTURES!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. we are so grateful that handsome hero sent his wonderful wife to the great pacific nw......it was so good seeing you and you all are missed!

    ReplyDelete