Labels

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A little more silliness in decorating

I've shown some silliness in the living room, but here are a few things I've done to lighten the mood in the bedroom.  We painted the room a medium gray because it is the easiest color on the eye {blue being second}.  We have three windows in the room, and with all that light it doesn't look cold or depressing.  We decided to pump up the energy, however with bright reds, greens, and yellows. 

This picture was taken before the new lampshades

Here are a couple of areas of the room I've never showed you.

This first is above my dresser.  I spray painted the candlesticks {they're resin}, and the painting came from Homegoods.  There was a minor smudge on the top right corner, so they knocked off a good bit.  It just takes asking, my peeps.  Handsome Hero gave me the figurine when I had Wonderkid Jack and the books are a collection of Silverstein poems.


This one is Handsome Hero's dresser.  For reference, I'm sitting on the bed taking the picture.  The elephant is actually a bookend, but I am not comfortable putting it in either kid's room yet {visions of broken toes}, so I have it here.  The pictures were a joke-yet-serious gift from me to Handsome Hero for Valentine's Day.  They're just paper {cut with a Cricut} attached to a fabric background.  The frames were originally black, but black against the gray makes the walls look very cold.  Warm wood tones or other colors are much better.  The pictures are sort of ridiculous, but they have a story {that I'll save for another day} that makes them special.


I hope you enjoyed the room.  Again, I have so many ideas of new projects to make it even better.  One thing at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment