Labels

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Story time

The CD player and radio haven't worked in our car for months.  While I would rather have them, we aren't taking any really long trips, so it hasn't been unbearable. 

Usually when we're in the car, Ella asks for a story.  She loves stories.  When you ask her to tell you one, though, she claims not to know any.  I think she's full of bologna.

Anyway, today, on the way to the gym, she asked for a story.  I very eloquently told her a story about a forlorn house that wished it had a yard {we were passing a house getting some landscaping done, and I was inspired}.  It was memorable, I'm sure.  Then I said, "Now you tell me a story." 

Ella:  Once upon a time, there was a truck.  The end.

Me:  The end??  THE END????  You can't do that!  You have to have a plot, with conflict and climax!!  Where's the twist?

Ella:  Okay.  Once upon a time, there was a car.  The end.

And that was how we spent the rest of our trip to the gym. 

Once upon a time there was a sign.  The end.

Once upon a time there was a tractor. The end.

Once upon a time there was a tree. The end.

Once upon a time there was an old man walking to his mailbox, picking his nose. The end.

Once upon a time there was a girl writing a blog who really should be cleaning her kitchen. 


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment