Labels

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

When kids don't quite understand...

I'm in a state of resigned annoyance with the kids' room design, so I'm going to pout and ignore it and maybe my problems will go away.

Instead, I'm going to tell you a couple of stories of misunderstandings from the weekend, because the kids living in that annoying room are are hilarious!


On Saturday, Jack was playing ball in the yard.  He was getting flustered with his lack of control over the ball, and when Ella tried to play with him, he got angry.  He accidentally kicked the ball into a lightpole, which he slapped in his frustration.  I told him he needed to find his happy heart {a common phrase around our house} and say he was sorry {I meant to Ella}.  He looked at me, then looked at the pole, told it he was sorry, hugged it, kissed it, and asked for its forgiveness.  Then he looked at me as if to say, "Did I do that right?" 

Ella...the lightpole....  Whatever.


The next day after church, Ella's Sunday School teacher told us that she had brought the kids a special snack of popcorn, but that Ella had told her she was allergic.  I assured the lady that she isn't allergic to anything, and later asked Ella what it means to be allergic.  She said, "It means that I love popcorn and that I eat it any time I possibly can!!  Can we have popcorn tonight, Mama?"

*sigh*  I love these little misunderstandings.

No comments:

Post a Comment