Labels

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

This is my fifth Mother's Day, and I love it.  It's more important than my birthday, which is saying something. 

There's something I'm working on, though.  I find that I put unrealistic expectations on this day.  I expect that these two angels will behave perfectly because it's MY day {even though they're the reason I can call it MY day}.  There will be no squabbles, no crankiness, no bad attitudes.


They haven't quite captured the vision.  It was not a perfect morning.  It was a normal morning of highs and lows and good responses and bad reactions.  It was a morning of training, just like every other moment in their little lives.

I had to let my fantasy go this morning, because if I didn't, I wouldn't have enjoyed these sweet pictures.


I wouldn't have been able to find humor in the kids pretending to be like mama and hold their baby bellies, especially Jack, who kept looking for the baby. 

Where is it?

They are so excited to have a new brother, and I want to foster that, even while dealing with less-than-stellar behavior.


They won't be this little for long.


Or say "cheese" by gritting their teeth so that it sounds more like chish.


They will outgrow me someday, and not need me so much.  This time is fleeting.


The Lord has been truly gracious in giving us these three.  When I think of that, I am very aware of how blessed I am, and the gift they are. 


Perspective is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Geepers, girl! You look gorgeous! Your loveliest pregnancy yet! Way to pull that off for #3!!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete