Labels

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Nate, and the stages of addiction

Nate has discovered the French doors leading to the sunroom.  It's better than a play ground.
 
 Why are you looking at me?
 
Wow!  Is that CANDY? 
  
It IS candy!! 
 
I need candy. 
 
No.  I'm strong.  I don't need candy.  I don't need anything. 
 
There is strength in numbers.  The big guy is my accountability partner.
 
Thanks for being there, bro. 
 
Okay.  Now he's weirding me out. 
 
GET ME OUT OF HERE! 
 
candycandycandycandycandycandycandycandycandycandycandycandycandy
 
I'm eating this glass and pretending it's candy. 
 
It worked! 
 
I'm free of addiction.  I'm an overcomer. 
 
I am strong.  Very strong. 
 
There's a whole new world out there for a candy-free guy like me. 
 
 Wait....  Is that....  Ice cream????
 
No, keep it away.   I am strong.  I am....
 
 Maybe just a little wouldn't hurt.  Just a pinch.  See?
 
 



1 comment: