Labels

Thursday, January 23, 2014

My 3 funny faces

For day three of entry update week, I am moving ever so slightly into the hallway.  The front hallway is attached to entry - in fact, I'm standing in the entry and turned to my left for this picture.  This was taken when we first moved in.  The walls are covered in dirty grass cloth wallpaper, and the mouldings are all tan.
 
 
The wallpaper was taken down, and the true beauty of the walls emerged {joke}.  Just to continue the glory of this stage, you can see straight ahead into the master bedroom.  That's our window, covered in a navy fitted sheet.  Breathtaking, isn't it?
 

And finally done, down to the baseboards and up to the pendant light.  The master is in no way done, but at least it has a curtain.


I've had these large black frames from Michael's for a long time, and I wanted to put the kids' pictures in them, but I didn't want the normal cute kid pictures.  Those are everywhere around the house.  I wanted these to be humorous in some way.




They make me happy every time I look at them.  We're a goofy family and I love having pictures that show that.  And here's my own, personal, unsubstantiated belief:  having items in your home that show that you don't take yourself too seriously will make your guests feel more at home with you. 


I mean, who wouldn't want to hang with these funny faces?

Now, before we take a short pop quiz, the frames are ones we already had, and getting three 8x10s printed at Costco cost less than four dollars.  Easy and cheap, unless you have to spring for the frames.

Now for the quiz. To get these pictures:

A.  I took regular pictures and Photoshopped them.

B.  I took regular pictures and left them as is because my kids are early bloomers and already have large noses and facial hair.

C.  I just looked through my pictures, because there was a plethora of weird photos to choose from. 

And the answer is:

C {wild audience applause}!!!!!!!!  I guess they come by it honestly, though, because I stuck the mustache on Nate and took a picture.  He didn't mind, though, so I guess he fits right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment