Labels

Friday, January 24, 2014

A new entry light

So far in this week of entry updates, I've focused on things that cost next to nothing.  I love cheap updates and sharing how much they cost for two reasons.  First, because I think everyone can do something to make their home more beautiful, no matter the budget.  Second, because those projects make me look good and thrifty.  #keepingitreal

But here's the thing.  Not every update is going to be cheap, nor should it.  We plan on staying in this home, so many of our choices have been colored by that.  While we love a good deal and will shop around for one, quality is more important than getting something cheaply that will either look bad or need to be replaced soon. 


All of that to say, we updated our entry light!


It's a lot larger than the old lantern, and has five lights instead of three, so it actually helps to light the living room and hallway, too.  And I LOVE the shadows it casts.


It is the Honeycomb chandelier from World Market.  I saw it last year and waited nine months for it to go on sale.  Now, it wasn't cheap at $169, but it was way less than anything else I was finding that I liked as well.


It finally went on sale {with free shipping - bonus!}, and here she is!

She was a beast to put up.  It took two of us.  Look at the shadows!


I think it suits the space really well.  I worried that it was too big at first, but I think I just needed to get used to it.


It compliments the pendant down the hall, also, which is nice.  They're the same shade of brown, and their shapes work well together.


I wouldn't categorize this as cheap, especially in light of the other changes in here {pun intended}, but because the rest of the entry/hall {excluding wall paint and trim, of course} cost a total of less than twenty dollars, a splurge was okay.  We felt confident in purchasing it because I had done my research and this chandelier was less than half of the next best option {even before it went on sale}.

I'm really happy with the light, and I'm so glad we went for it.  Originally, I had planned on painting the lantern that was here, but Handsome Hero nixed that.  He said I was in danger of becoming a one trick pony with the red chandelier in the living room and the yellow one in the stairway!

{I still might paint the lantern and put it in the laundry room.  No one goes in there but us so it doesn't limit my pony to just one trick.} :)


No comments:

Post a Comment