Labels

Monday, January 7, 2013

Cute and strange kids? Check!

I'm having trouble with Blogger - it won't let me post pictures, and pictures are sort of necessary when you are writing about the improvements you have been working on around the house.  Hopefully it will be resolved quickly so that I can show you what we've been up to!

In leiu of my cool picture-y posts, I am going to share some stories from yesterday that will show you that I have very cute and oddball kiddos.  As if you didn't know.

1.  Jack is totally enamored with Woody and Buzz Lightyear.  ENAMORED.  In his three-year-old voice he calls them Wooey and Buzz.  He plays hide and seek with them.  You'll hear him in his room saying things like, "Where are you, Buzz?  I find you, Buzz!"  And then, "To nativity....and BEYOND!"

So cute.

2.  Ella and I were talking and she asked me what I wanted to be when I got taller.  I told her that I wasn't going to get any taller, and she was shocked.  She asked if I would now start to shrink.  Then she said, "I am going to grow until I'm bigger than the smallest mouse, and then when I'm older than the oldest cat, I'll shrink and the mice will eat me."

Huh?

3.  I was hanging some pictures in Ella's room, but it was getting close to bedtime, so I called it quits.  Ella said, "If you had started putting the pictures up this morning, you would be done by now, Mom."

Ooooooh.  Fighting words.

I said snidely,"Well, Ella, I have so far today potty trained a little boy, painted a room, cleaned bathrooms, done laundry, framed and hung pictures, and generally taken care of my family.  I think I've accomplished quite a lot in one day."

She paused.

........

And said, "You wanna look at my tushy?"

I'm glad I got through.

1 comment:

  1. Blogger went loopy for me too! I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I had to abandon blogger and move to Wordpress. I couldn't do pictures or even paragraphs! Isaac is aslo REALLY into Toy Story, I that it must be an age thing, Phoebe and Ben were the same way.

    ReplyDelete