Labels

Friday, February 1, 2013

Hospital Adventures

So, folks, here's the update.  We are settling down for our second night in the hospital.  Hopefully we'll be out of here by Sunday evening.  Nate has done remarkably well.  He has a nice, comfy cell crib.


My deluxe accomodations.  This couch-turned-bed is exactly one inch longer than me.

 
I am so blessed to have a baby who is happy even in strange circumstances.
 

He had an NJ tube inserted today that should help him to get the calories he needs. I hated seeing my baby hurting, but it was done very quickly.

 
The tube doesn't seem to be bothering him.  He's able to sleep, though not for long periods because of all the normal interuptions you get in a hospital.
 


He hardly seems to notice it.

 
We are hopeful to be home soon and taking care of this ourselves.  We thank you so much for all of your prayers.  Our new church family has rallied around us with meals and is asking to support us in anyway they can.  Between that and having family near to help, we are indeed blessed.
 
Obviously, please pray that this feeding tube would work and that the extra calories would push Nate over the line from "eating is so not cool" to "eating is awesome.  More please!"  Pray, also, that I would remain healthy.  I am not sleeping well {did you see the "bed"?}, and usually get sick when I don't get enough sleep.  Pray for Handsome Hero and my mom who are holding down the fort and keeping the kids in clean clothes.  Pray for our testimony here to the staff, nurses, and other families.  Your prayers are greatly appreciated.  I'll update here as we know more.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. you know we're praying. And so is your WI church family. :) you should have brought your blow up bed with the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Beth. Thanks for the update. We will keep on praying for Baby Nate. We just love your family so much. So glad you are down there close to family. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete