Labels

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving with the Hickoks part 1

Since I just got my internet hooked up, I'm a little late in my Thanksgiving review.  I have so many pictures of our visit with the Hickoks that I'll need three posts to get them all up!  Here's the first glimpse.

We had the best time over Thanksgiving!  Our Super Duper Ooper Schmooper {thanks, Sid the Science Kid} dear friends, the Hickoks, came to share the long weekend and visit our new digs.  Even amongst boxes and moving-in chaos, it was the greatest way to spend the holiday weekend.

 
We made a cardboard box castle from some of the leftover boxes.  The girls loved it.


Is it possible they have grown this fast?


How beautiful these young ladies have become!


I still remember this:

The girls' first Easter {much maternal sighing going on}

Little Addie, who was tiny when I last saw her, was a fireball of sweetness.  She's like candy with hot sauce.


And Jack, well, he's cool.  He's mellow like Jello with a car in his hand.


Our Besties, Steve Daddy {Handsome Hero is Bill Daddy to their girls} and Miss Lydia, and baby girl number three, were just what we needed.  It was such a blessing having them around and encouraging each other in the Lord.  And playing games.  They love games.  Games with strategy.  I am HORRIBLE at games like that, but I love the company, so I play.  And you know what?  I even won once.  I think it surprised everyone, including me.  I haven't won a game in seven and a half years.  It's my trademark.  It's what I'm known for.  


Nate just hung out with whoever would hold him.  He's the most content child you have ever met.  No. doubt.


We trekked down to my parents' house for Thanksgiving.  It was lovely, as always.  The Hickoks fit in like they'd always been there.  They tend to do that.  It's one of the things that make them special.

Now bear with me for some family portraits.  The Lewis family.


The kids with their Great Grandmother.  Jack rarely smiles in pictures, as you can see.  Here he's saying, "cheese," which is what you say when you take pictures and has nothing to do with smiling.


Four generations of Elizabeths {Betty, Betsy, Beth, and Ella}.


It was wonderful spending time with the Hickoks and having them spend time with my family.  I'm telling you, there is nothing like being able to let your hair down and laugh with people who know you so intimately.  And laugh.  And laugh.  And laugh.  My cheeks still hurt!  To see these girls and instantly love them as much as we did the last time we saw them,


To have the kiddos all get along as though they had never been apart,


To spend time with my kindred spirit and encourage eachother as wives and moms and sisters in Christ,


And to see our next generation goofing off and having a great time together just like we were,


My soul was blessed.  We miss you, Hickoks!  Come again very soon!  This big ol' house is empty without you!


4 comments:

  1. Awww! Sniff! This is such a beautiful friendship of two families! So happy you had this time together! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! :) I'm glad they could come and you had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Love you, Beth! :o) Great post (although I suppose that is a biased opinion).
    Wonder where we will be next Thanksgiving. Seems like each year bring so many changes. Glad our friendship has never faded. Miss Billdaddy so much, too. We left your home with very full, cheerful hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Jack is holding his hands in your Lewis family photo. He knows what a serious photo is supposed to look like :) So glad you had so much fun and got to reconnect with friends. (kelly)

    ReplyDelete