Labels

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How Handsome Hero and I met - the conflict

If you read this post you'll find out how Handsome Hero and I met ten years ago.  Well, today, December 13, ten years ago, was another big event that almost ended this blessed romance before it started!  Dun, dun, dun!!!!!!!  Are you intrigued?

I was teaching my last class that Thursday when there was a knock at the door.  It was the guy from the concert!  He had been teaching an elementary class at the school how to make paper and stopped by to say hello.  I was ecstatic!  He had to be interested if he was making a trip to my classroom, right? 

But I had a problem.  I didn't know his name, remember?  So while we talked, I smiled my best smile, flipped my {then long} hair, fluttered my lashes, and at a point I thought was least obtrusive, said, "Oh, by the way, what was your name again?"

It was Bill.  Now, how was I supposed to remember that?  What guy of our generation is named Bill?  My grandfather was named Bill!

What I know now is that Bill had been planning on asking me out that day.  He didn't because, well, when you are going to ask a girl out, and then she asks what your name is, it's a bit of a blow to ye ole ego.  So he left my classroom, deflated, and I, clueless, daydreamed about this Bill guy.  And decided his name was pretty fantastic.

1 comment: