Labels

Monday, June 16, 2014

Old MacDonald

Yesterday was Father's Day and as we were driving home from church, the kids were singing Old MacDonald.  They sing it a lot right now, because I am positive that Nate has begun saying E-I-E-I-O and I'm determined to get him to do it in time to the music.  I'm also trying to get him to bark in the appropriate places during How Much is that Doggy in the Window?  It's all about baby bragging rights.

Anyway, as is usually the case, the kids broke off from the normal verses pretty quickly.  Jack said Old MacDonald had a car that said vroom, vroom and then Ella took the reigns.  This was her first verse:

Old MacDonald had a farm.  E-I-E-I-O!!
And on that farm he had a Dad.  E-I-E-I-O!!
With a WORK, WORK here
And a WORK, WORK there!
Here a WORK! There a WORK!
Everywhere I GOTTA WORK!
Old MacDonald had a farm. E-I-E-I-O!

Now, Handsome Hero is a big boy, and doesn't get bothered by much, but I know that he struggles at times with feeling like he works hard to the detriment of the family and the kids, so this innocent verse hurt a bit.  I immediately began saying things like, "Don't worry, Babe.  You don't really work all the time.  You're a great dad.  And husband.  You're wonderful."

Then she started her next verse.

Old MacDonald had a farm.  E-I-E-I-O!!
And on that farm he had a Mom.  E-I-E-I-O!!
With a BOSSY, BOSSY here
And a BOSSY, BOSSY there!

.....

And Handsome Hero turned to me with a little smirk and said, "Don't worry, Babe.  You're not really bossy.  You're a great mom.  And wife.  You're wonderful."


Simmering in her own bossiness,

Beth
aka Mom
aka The Boss

1 comment: